Subject: Ipod classic as a blind person

Ipod classic as a blind person

From: Arnaud de Bonald <xcopy_at_netcava.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:18:09 +0100

Hello,

I'm a bit confused with an Ipod clasic. 5th generation.

I'm blind , btw.

the problem is, each time I connect the Ipod , do some USB transfer on
it and eject the player, it seems that when the player i ejected, I'm
always put into the apple firmware.

So basically, from this moment, I don't know what to do to load rockbox,
or even shut down the player for the matter. I hear some click in the
headphone when i move my finger toward the round button, but that's all.

Please advise.

on another similar note,
may I delete the ipod control directory on the disk? it seems that
Itunes for the matter do recreate it each time.

Thank you.

Arnaud