Subject: Re: Ipod classic as a blind person

Re: Ipod classic as a blind person

From: <affenkaraffe-100815_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 00:14:40 +0100

Hello,

You can try to restart your iPod by holding in the center button and the
upper button of the wheel (the menu Button) for a while. I don't know
whether rockbox can be started by default on an iPod 5G or, if it
doesn't, where the corresponding setting is located.

Concerning the iPod control Directory, this is the place where iTunes
stores your music files if you use it for uploading your music to your
iPod. I think the directorys were called F followed by some number in a
directory called Music in the ipod control directory (I don't own an
iPod for some time now, someone correct me if i''m wrong!) The actual
files are given random names but can be easily retrieved by looking for
the ID3-Tags of the music files which remain unchanged.

So i guess you could remove the iPod control dir if you don't use iTunes
for uploading your files (or another program which copies iTunes
behaviour for the apple firmware to list the songs in its database).

Good Luck,
Moritz