Subject: Re: Rockbox 3.8 apple classic/video!

Re: Rockbox 3.8 apple classic/video!

From: Michael Sparmann <theseven_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 02:26:38 +0100

> is there a chance that this
> Rockbox will work on the ipod classic/video 80, or 160 gig? And if they did,
> could I take my 30 gig classic/video and have a bigger drive just dropped
> in, is all this possible?? Thanks all, please have patients with me, these
> things are above my being, thanks. And well done.

Please don't confuse the iPod Video (5G) with the iPod Classic (6G).
They are completely different devices.

Rockbox is supported on the iPod Video, but not on the iPod Classic.
However, there are early testing builds available for the iPod Classic.

You can certainly swap the hard drive of an iPod Video, but that doesn't
make it be an iPod Classic. The size of the new drive won't matter much,
as LBA48 support is enabled by default nowadays.
(There are people with 240GB iPod Videos out there).