Subject: Re: Rockbox 3.8 released! - Strange hard disk access when starting device

Re: Rockbox 3.8 released! - Strange hard disk access when starting device

From: Christoph Niedeggen <>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 20:39:48 +0100

Thanks to all developers for releasing Rockbox 3.8!

I installed it on my Archos Recorder (having used Rockbox 3.7.1 before)
and with the new version, there now is a hard disk access for about a
minute every time I start the device.

I didn't read anything in the release notes about this new behaviour and
I do not see the use or advantage of this. On the other hand, it now
draws some more battery when starting the device which I don't like.

What is the reason for this behaviour and is there a way to switch this
new feature (?) off somewhere in the menus?

Thanks in advance for your feedback