Subject: Re: Rockbox 3.8 released! - Strange hard disk access when starting device

Re: Rockbox 3.8 released! - Strange hard disk access when starting device

From: Christoph Niedeggen <Niedeggen_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 22:24:20 +0100

Thanks for your fast response! :-)

You are right, dircache was turned on after installation of Rockbox 3.8!

Obviously, this feature has turned on itself with Rockbox 3.8, since it
was always off on my device (I turned it off with the first Rockbox
version that supported it and it stayed like this until Rockbox 3.7.1).

I didn't even know anymore where this feature is turned on and off. :-)

Now i turned it off again and the disk access is normal again.
Personally I like it better this way since I don't browse too much on my
hard disk when listening to music and using Rockbox. So in the end (for
me) this setting should save a bit of battery power.