Subject: issue with voice features in latest builds.

issue with voice features in latest builds.

From: Mat Mirabella <mat_mirabella_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 11:12:06 +1000

Hi all.

Not sure if people have noticed this at all.... but... i just discovered
that the recent builds of rockbox seem to have an issue in that file names
and dir names are not spelt if the spell filenames is set to yes. It seems
to be a bug because on occation, one filename or other is spelt, but mostly
they are not... especially when scrolling through a list of filenames.

Also I have noticed that sometimes the talk clips are not played in the
event that i have a talk clip for a directory. This seems to happen for
dirs that are long or dirs that are nested a bit more deeply than the first
or second level in the structure. though I can't confirm this to be a
factor because again it seems to be intermitant.

My apologies if this has already been discussed, and apologies too for not
being more clear and prceice about it. Maybe it is just worth a look into
via the devs to see if the voice functions are working properly, in that
spelling, numbering of files/dir and the proper playing of talk clips.

the build i am using is the daily build from 19 may 2011. I am using a
sandisk sansa e280 v1. This did not happen with builds from about a month
ago... only started occuring within the last week when i updated.

Thanks.

Mat.