Subject: (no subject)

(no subject)

From: Brandon Hicks <>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 08:11:41 -0700

Seeing as you're not confident installing software, I'd recommend
avoiding the iPod classic. Looking at the timeline, it seems that port
won't be one you'd be comfortable using for at least a good few months.

As for the iPod Video, I would recommend either finding one refurbished
or used but in good condition on eBay. If you pay the $280, you may as
well use an iPod Touch from Apple.
That said, I am also visually impaired, and have an iPod video which I
use quite successfully and happily with Rockbox, so I'd be happy to walk
you through the process of rockbox installation and setting up for
speech, if desired, once you've found a model you're happy with.

There is also another option. If you weren't totally set on using an
iPod, if you were willing to consider a flash based player, I know of a
company which offers several models with rockbox pre-installed and
speaking, which I'd be willing to discuss and point you to off this list.