Subject: (no subject)

(no subject)

From: Brandon Hicks <hicks.brandon2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 09:20:59 -0700

Hi,
I can definitely sympathize with the music and never having too much of
it. I'm exactly the same way.
In that case, you probably will want an iPod of some sort, as they're
the only easily available players Rockbox supports that can go past 40
gigs of onboard storage. With a flash player, you could get
theoretically unlimited storage, they are smaller and a bit less prone
to memory failure, as well as at least a couple models Rockbox supports
having actual physical click wheels, but managing microSD cards can be a
huge pain, especially for those of us who can't see. Finding those
things if they get dropped or misplaced is not fun.

The accessories for the iPod are easily done, Rockbox supports most of
those by now. The one nice thing about Apple's proprietary dock
connector is it makes things easy when it comes to charging and whatnot.
All of those things can be easily obtained.

Any rockbox player has the same playback capabilities as regards
formats, so that's not much of a worry.

I'd still recommend an iPod Video of EBay. You can easily find 60 or 80
gigabyte models, and you'll probably pay less than getting one
new/refurbished from Amazon. That said, if you're uncomfortable dealing
with eBay, Amazon would be the place, even though the price will be
higher. I do know of a company on EBay that sells rebuilt and restored
iPod video models with a longer life battery and upgraded hard drive and
such. I can give you links privately if you wish.

Brandon