Subject: installing voices

installing voices

From: G.E. <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 14:19:07 -0600

Hi,
I have not updated my RockBox for a couple of years, and thought I'd do it
today.
I have an iPod Video 5G, and I downloaded the rbutil utility, and I updated
the boot loader and RockBox.
But I went to the accessibility tab, and went to install the voice, and it
does not find my SAPI voice on my computer, I'm using XP.
Right now my default SAPI is Scansoft Jennifer, and it is working on the
computer, not in my screenreader, but when I test it.
But I have used this engine in the past, so I don't think that should be the
issue.
The TTS option seems to only offer eSpeak, and it cannot find the executable
for that as well.
Thanks for any help.
Glenn