Subject: RE: Installing Voices

RE: Installing Voices

From: D!J!X! <>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:35:30 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On
Behalf Of G.E.
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 2:29 PM
To: Rockbox

----- Original Message -----
From: "D!J!X!" <>
To: "'Rockbox'" <>
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 1:16 PM

I'm using the RockBox installer, on windows XP for an iPod Video.
I have installed the latest RockBox, and I want to create voices, but it
cannot find the TTS engine.
Where should I look for it for the default SAPI on my computer?

What do you mean? SAPI is part of windows. If you want extra SAPI voices,
look at the ms website. I believe xp uses SAPI5, so it should work with the
RBUtil. Is the util telling you it can't find SAPI voices? What service pack
of xp are you on?
I am using SP3, and I can use the ScanSoft voice in Windows, and the MS Sam
in windows, and I am using a software synth to write this.
But the RockBox Installer does not find my SAPI voices.
It installed the stock voice from the RockBox site, but that is awful, I
need a better voice.
But on running the install voice, it errors and cannot find the TTS engine.
It offers me the option of browsing to it, but I had it look in \windows,
and \windows\system32, and in \program files\scansoft.
This not a problem with XP, it is the installer not finding my SAPI voices
on this computer.
Any help appreciated.

Regards, D!J!X!

That's strange, I don't personally use the tool, so maybe somebody else who
does can give you a hand. I install and configure it manually.

Regards, D!J!X!