Subject: Re: trouble generating voice files

Re: trouble generating voice files

From: Erin Chaves <emc711_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 19:11:59 -0500

G.E. wrote:
Hi,I rebooted my computer after setting up my SAPI TTS engine, and it works
on my computer, it is Scansoft Jennifer. I am using windows XP. I am trying
to get the voice files generated for my iPod Video. I installed the latest
stable version, as of last week, and I am using the rockbox installer of
about the same age. When I try to create the voice files, it fails before it
finishes. I tested my SAPI in the RockBox utility, and it worked there, I
raised the speed in the RB utility to 4, but that is all I changed. Any
suggestions as what I can do to make it generate voice files? Thanks

Well, you're not alone, Glen. I'm also having problems creating voice files
with the RB Utility. I'm working with a Sansa Clip+. I test the TTS, and
it works, but the file generation fails. I'm running WinXP and I'm using
the latest version of the RB Utility and different builds of RB. I know how
to configure the TTS engine. I have experimented with a couple of settings
and have tried TTS by Scansoft and Voiceware. The only TTS I can get to
work is the Microsoft SAPI voices (Microsoft Sam). I'm not a programmer,
but I could follow directions if someone told me what might be happening.
This PC has an Intel Core duo 2.8GHZ Processor. I do have an old netbook
running a 1.6 Intel Atom processor, and I also receive failures with it, but
sometimes the files are successfully created.

If I discover a way to get things working over here, I'll certainly share it
with you!

Erin