Subject: iPod Nano 2nd gen on Mac OS X

iPod Nano 2nd gen on Mac OS X

From: / <kopfeel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 00:21:32 +0300

Hi there!

I'm trying to install Rockbox on the 2nd generation of iPod Nano.
(I've formatted it to FAT32.)

I've tried automatic installation. No success.

Then I've tried a manual one.
I've moved rockbox-ipodnano2g-3.10.zip to this path: /Volumes/Rockbox
and unpacked it there.
After that I've tried to use ipodpatcher:
$ sudo su -
# /Volumes/Rockbox/ipodpatcher

[INFO] Scanning disk devices...
[ERR] No ipods found, aborting
[ERR] Please connect your ipod and ensure it is in disk mode
[ERR] Also ensure that itunes is closed, and that your ipod is not mounted.
[ERR] Please refer to the Rockbox manual if you continue to have problems.

(Yeah, I set it to a disk mode in iTunes and closed iTunes after that.)

I've also tried it here: /Volumes/Rockbox/.rockbox/
No success again.

What should I do?

Cheers!