Subject: Apple iPhone FLAC App

Apple iPhone FLAC App

From: Peter Panayi <p.panayi_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:23:29 -0000

Apple have recently launched an App for the iPhone to allow FLAC tracks to
be played. Great news...but...it only works on IOS 5. iPhones can be
upgraded but none of the 6th/7th generation 'classic' ipods can use this
App.

So, can anyone get this App to work on an iPod Classic? Or is anyone near
developing Rockbox or similar to resolve this issue?

I know it's an old chestnut but - like many others - I am getting fed up
with maintaining duplicate libraries in different lossless formats.

I spoke to an Apple representative about this but - as best I can judge -
they still think the Apple world is a law unto itself.

Thanks