Subject: Re: Apple iPhone FLAC App

Re: Apple iPhone FLAC App

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:58:08 +0000

On 14/12/2011 11:23, Peter Panayi wrote:
> Apple have recently launched an App for the iPhone to allow FLAC tracks
> to be played. Great news...but...it only works on IOS 5. iPhones can be
> upgraded but none of the 6^th /7^th generation ‘classic’ ipods can use
> this App.
snip
Apple are not the only developer of flac playing apps, I have tried two
apps that can play flac,
these were for the iPhone, I am not sure if they work with other apple
products.
The first app I tried was called flac player, I ended up uninstalling
the app when it had a very bad crash, and even after a phone reboot it
wouldn't load at all. The second app I tried was called golden ear, and
that has a few more features than flac player, and seems to be more
stable, but there are some aspects of the UI which need improving
compared to flac players UI, but I haven't had it crash on me yet.