Subject: Sansa Fuze+ USB connection and OF

Sansa Fuze+ USB connection and OF

From: Jean-Louis Biasini <jlbiasini_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:33:07 +0100

Le 23/12/2011 12:00, rockbox-request_at_cool.haxx.se a écrit :
> I appreciate the response, and the USB booting worked just fine, but using
> SanDisk's .bin
you don't have anything to do with a .bin file
> files to change the loader isn't working or using the .sb
> for either the original or updated SanDisk firmware for the Fuze+
yes that the one you need. But only booting in OF mode will update the
firmware back to OF:
put the sb file in the root of the player, then unplug and turn the
player off. Then keeping volume down pressed, press power and keep it
pressed until the OF show up (about 5 - 10 sec) it should started
upgrading immedialtly
> and all
> it seems to recognize is the RockBox boot files. Also the SanDisk updater
> seems not to recognize my device but is a functioning unit now. If if let
> the battery die completely will I still be able to power it on in RockBox
> or USB boot it back into the OF to charge it back?
To charge the player you have to plug it keeping volume down pressed
(starting to press before you plug it in). Anyway this is recomended to
do before upgrading because if you run out of battery while updating it
could brick your player...

If this doesn't work please explain exactly how you got rockbox
installed on your device.