Subject: RE: Looking for a remote for an iAudio X5

RE: Looking for a remote for an iAudio X5

From: Jammit Timmaj <jammit999_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:14:35 +0000

From: jammit999_at_hotmail.com
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:53:58 +0000

> From: jethead71_at_comcast.net
> To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
> Subject: Re: Looking for a remote for an iAudio X5
> Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 10:38:12 -0500
>
> > The X5 joysticks suck hardware wise. I have had to replace mine several
> > times. Luckily I have a few spares. :-(
>
> The problem is that is seemed to magically degrade all by itself. Yep, it
> worked ok, that it sat and then, it doesn't. ??

I have a silly idea. I don't have one of these iAudio devices, but it sounds to me the joystick uses four click-dome switches. If the manufacturer didn't properly plate the click-domes, they

Something funny happened with the email.
I have a silly idea. I don't have one
 of these iAudio devices, but it sounds to me the joystick uses four
click-dome switches. If the manufacturer didn't properly plate the
click-domes, they sometimes oxidize. You may want to try and put a drop of oil on the bad switch. Work the switch a few times to get the oil all inside the switch. The oil will coat the switch contacts and prevent them from oxidizing. Every time you activate the switch, any oxidation that gets scraped off will be covered with a protective layer of oil. I've used this oil idea a few times on various switches with varying results. If it doesn't work, no damage has been done.