Subject: Re: Video encoding for Rockbox on a mac

Re: Video encoding for Rockbox on a mac

From: Rodrigo Rodriguez <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:55:29 -0600

2012/1/26 Jacob Mansfield <>

> On 26 Jan 2012, at 01:01, Rodrigo Rodriguez wrote:
> You can use Mobile Media Converter:
> oh, is there no ffmpeg/mencoder command I can use?

Actually, it depends on what AudioPlayer you're using, because the
resolution it's quite different, for example, on a iPod than on a Sansa.

If you want to use mencoder/ffmpeg commands you should "duck-duck" it:

Sometime ago I converted some videos, but I don't remember the command.
However, as I told you before, it's better if you search the syntax exactly
for your need. For example, "convert avi to mpeg 320x240 with mencoder",