Subject: Re: creating voice files

Re: creating voice files

From: claudio capriati <>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:02:23 +0100

Do you use cygwin to create voice files?
Under cygwin i know to compile rockbox successfully, but when i try to
compile voice file i receive error pasted below. Somebody can help me?
What should i do Step by step?
I think that the matter is in the gcc compiler, but i don't know to
use mingw-targeted cross-compiler. Thanks

TTS engine to use: (S)API S(w)ift (s)?

Using sapi for TTS

Using rbspeexenc for encoding voice clips

Using source code root directory: /home/claus/rockbox

Using arm-elf-eabi-gcc 4.4.4 (404)

Using arm-elf-eabi-ld

Found and uses ccache (/usr/bin/ccache)

Automatically selected arch: arm

Created Makefile

$ make voice
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/claus/rockbox/tools'

make -C rbspeex

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/claus/rockbox/tools/rbspeex'

gcc: The -mno-cygwin flag has been removed; use a mingw-targeted

Makefile:109: recipe for target
`/home/claus/rockbox/tools/rbspeex/build/rbspeexenc.o' failed

make[2]: *** [/home/claus/rockbox/tools/rbspeex/build/rbspeexenc.o]
Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/claus/rockbox/tools/rbspeex'

Makefile:88: recipe for target `rbspeexenc' failed

make[1]: *** [rbspeexenc] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/claus/rockbox/tools'

/home/claus/rockbox/tools/root.make:268: recipe for target
`voicetools' failed

make: *** [voicetools] Error 2

claus_at_Venere ~/rockbox/mybuild