Subject: installing rockbox with speech

installing rockbox with speech

From: Joe <>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:04:23 -0500

Hi. I'm new to this list. I'm totally blind and use the Jaws screen reader on my windows computer. I have a V1 Sansa fuse with rockbox installed to speech files and folders and all is working fine. I didn't install it myself however, and would like to completely remove it and learn how to install from scratch. It was installed by a totally blind person who does this for a living for people so I know this is possible. In reading the information on the rockbox page there is direction on how to do this with the Archos players, but I find nothing specifically fore the sandisk. Could anyone give me step by step directions on how to do this? If I save my current install on my computer could I get it back if something goes wrong in trying this? I'm computer savvy and would like to learn how to install from scratch and also install speech.
I also subscribed to the forms but I don't know where to go to post questions. Where do you go to do that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Joe.