Subject: follow up on updating firmware

follow up on updating firmware

From: Joe <n3ain_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 01:17:38 -0400

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was refering to both the sansa fuze firmware and the rock box firmware. If I first update the v1 sandisk firmware will it remove rockbox and all its settings? and if it does, could I get everything by saving rockbox on my desktop and just copying it back in to the fuze after updating the fuze firmware.
 i read that the newer sansa firmware causes unpopular changes to the player like limiting the volume. What changes does this firmware make?
Also, I was experimenting and trying to delete rockbox and the bootloader to then try and re-install it. I was able to remove the version of rockbox I had, but when I tried to remove the bootloader using the auto method, I got the message, "no uninstall known". Would it be necessary to update the sansa firmware to remove the bootloader?. I did read the manual many times but found no specific info on doing this. Sorry I'm asking so many questions that may seem unrelated but I just want to figure out how to do all of this. Thanks again fore creating rockbox and all you guys do.
Best regards. Joe.