Subject: Re: updating firmware

Re: updating firmware

From: William Porteous <>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:27:28 -0700

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Sati Wullabbs <> wrote:

> This is great, folks. I like the great knowledge that flows from the list.
> While on the subject matter, I was wondering if there is anyone on here
> that would help me get Rockbox going on my Sansa Clip+? I purchased this so
> as to give it to one of my blind students in high school. I have tried to
> install the Rockbox utility, but it isn't working so I wonder what I am
> doing wrong. I would truly appreciate it if there is someone that would be
> willing to help me.
> Sati Wullabbs

if you could give more details it would be helpful, such as:

are you running Mac OS, Linux of some sort, or Windows?
what happened when you "tried"?

if you want, i could do an install over remote desktop or walk you through
it over chat.

also, here are the instructions from the clip+ manual on installing rockbox.

good luck rockboxing,