Subject: Re: Problem creating voice file on Clip+

Re: Problem creating voice file on Clip+

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:00:51 +0200

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Jean-Marie MORAUX <jmmoraux_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, i got the same problem here, also with a Clip+, at first i tought it
> was due to the french voice file i was trying to download.

This is not related to any specific voice, this is related to the
release version.

Rockbox Utility needs to retrieve the strings to voice from the
download server (there has been discussion if and how this dependency
should be removed, but right now we have to deal with it). On the
server a script generates a list of voice strings depending on the
version installed on your player. Unfortunately there is a problem
with that script right now in combination with the latest release. The
script should be fixed already, but someone with access to the server
needs to check this (and verify the server is using the latest version
of the script).

There are two ways to work around this right now:
1. Install a current development build. Those use different style
version numbers that don't trigger this problem.
2. Connect your player and navigate to the folder ".rockbox". Find a
file called "rockbox-info.txt". Open it in a text editor (notepad
should be fine, do NOT use word processors like Word). Find the line
stating

Version: 3.11

Replace this line with the following:

Version: 368e358-3.11

Save the changes, close the editor and start Rockbox Utility again.
Things should work now, since that tricks Rockbox Utility in sending
the server the version in a different format.

 - Dominik