Subject: To Ross regarding your question about the Clip Zip

To Ross regarding your question about the Clip Zip

From: Erin Chaves <>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 20:46:26 -0400

Ross Doerr wrote:

I have a Sansa Clip Zip with Rockbox running on it, and it works "okay" with Rockbox.
The Clip Zip is still listed as being "unstable" with RB, so I was wondering if any one else has used the RB utility to try and get the .talk files and clips downloaded and running on a clip zip.
Or, since the clip zip is still listed as an unstable platform, would I be better of leaving things alone until it rises to the level of being "stable".

Hi Ross,

I don't own a Clip Zip, so I can't speak from experience. From what I was able to read, the player is doing well. I think there are still some issues with plugins. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If you're using Rockbox and it's working well for you, I don't see why you'd have issues if you decide to install the voice file and talk files. I can tell you that I used a Sansa Clip+ as well as the Sansa Fuze when they were listed as unstable ports, and both worked well for me with voice installed. I don't think it was a dumb question.