Subject: help with TTS engine

help with TTS engine

From: Elaine <elaine.duke_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:01:20 +0100

Hi

I am trying to create talk clips for my iriver 320, and was using voice box, recently voice box has become unresponsive whenever I try to generate talk clips with it. I'm really not sure why this has happened as i've not changed anything within rockbox or my iriver.

I tried the utility to create talk clips but with no results. I cant seem to get the utility to locate a sappi voice on my computer, or any where for that matter. I have loads of sappi voices as I am blind and use them all the time.

I don't get any error messages, but do see the message failed on whatever directory I've set it to create the clips. I'm honestly confused here and cant seem to find any help on this subject on the rockbox site or even in help.

could someone who uses the utility please contact me if they could help me figure this issue out.

I do have speech enabled on my iriver and it is reading menus etc, I would like my own files to have talk clips so it's easier to select files I want to play.

if anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks

Elaine