Subject: Re: Help for blind/vision-impaired users

Re: Help for blind/vision-impaired users

From: Laz Mesa <lazaro6_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:38:26 -0400

On Wed, 30 May 2012 14:11:55 -0500 Christopher Chaltain
<chaltain_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/05/12 19:50, Rocker wrote:
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------**I
> > for one am not that incompetent that I need to top post because I'm
> > blind.  I am well versed with the screen readers I use and don't expect
> > anything but to follow the list rules.
>
> I too am blind, and I feel the same way.

Understood Chris. To Rocker though I would like to point out that I
didn't include the word incompetent in my message. If my message
somehow managed to make you feel incompetent, then I guess you read
more into my words than I put into them. But you must admit, there
has been some top posting here.

> > I also don't like leading posts that seem to be made just to draw in
> > buyers of refurbished Saunsa players with RB installed under the guise
> > of supporting the blind community! Freaking BS!
>
> I didn't read this nefarious motive into Laz's post at all. As Laz said,
> blind RB users have their own perspective, and I think we can do a lot
> to help each other, whether on this list or another. I didn't see
> anything but this in Laz's post, and I can't help but wonder if you're
> bringing something more than just Laz's post and his mailing list into
> this thread.

I must agree with you Chris. Not only did I invite anyone who was
interested to email me for the subscription information, but I even
deleted my usual signature so as not to advertise on this list. It
seems Rocker has some strong feelings, and not just about anything he
imagines I have done but apparently against those others he ranted
against in his post. I was surprised to see such venom in a response
to my offer to help out any blind or vision-impaired RB users. The
list exists and not all members on it have had any business dealings
with me. There are questions and answers on the list from the
perspective of a blind RB user that helps other blind RB users and no
ones arm is being twisted to join it.

I remember seeing someone else post something about why I didn't just
post the subscription info, and my response to that is that I just
schose to do it the way I did it but if you like, here's the
subscription information.

Join our mailing list by sending a blank email to:
RockboxedSansaTalkingMP3Players-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

laz