Subject: Re: sandisk sansa clip zip and clip fuze plus

Re: sandisk sansa clip zip and clip fuze plus

From: Tom Yates <madhatter_at_teaparty.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:36:10 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, Mirabella, Mathew J wrote:

> Also i wonderd about the fuze plus... this is newer and there are 16gb
> models. there is a claim on the site that porting to the fuze plus is
> pretty good apart from recording not being available. can people
> confirm whether anyone is using a fuze + as yet and how well that seems
> to work.

i'm using a fuze+ with a 32GB microSD card and very much enjoying it.

playback is fine with oggs, occasional artefacts with mp3s. about once
every 20-30 tracks it does something weird, like refusing to play, or
occasionally crashing/rebooting, but it's pretty infrequent. apparently
some people find the startup "bong" annoying, but for me it's just a
little "click" and i don't mind it.

> how are people finding the touch controls?

bloody annoying, but that's not rockbox's fault; it's difficult to touch
the player without accidentally triggering a control, and the player
sometimes turns itself on in my bag. however, it's so much lighter and
nicer than my old H320 that i'm still loving it, overall.

> And lastly... these two players - fuze plus and clip zip - do we know if
> the battery life for these using rockbox is up to par with the standard
> firmware battery life?

no idea, i bought it to use under rockbox and have never used it with the
native OS.

--
       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net