Subject: Re: sandisk sansa clip zip and clip fuze plus

Re: sandisk sansa clip zip and clip fuze plus

From: Bertrik Sikken <bertrik_at_sikken.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:43:57 +0200

Hi Mathew,

On 12-6-2012 4:35, Mirabella, Mathew J wrote:
> I am looking for a new mp3 player and have just noticed on the
> rockbox site that there is a claim that the clip zip now works pretty
> much as well as the other clip and clip + players. (apart from a few
> things with plugins). can someone confirm that this is the case?
> that is, is there anyone using the clip zip at the moment with no
> real probs. i will be mainly doing recording, fm radio, playing files
> like oggs but dont play games or do anything special with the setup.

I have a clip zip and it works fine for me.
I don't use recording, so I can't tell you how well it works in
practice. The things keeping it from being marked stable are 1
plugin (sudoku) and an incomplete user manual.

Basically the clip zip and the clip+ are quite similar w.r.t.
hardware, the main differences being the display and the tuner
chip (an RDS capable si4703 for the clip zip, and either an
si4702 or rda5802 chip for the clip+). The rda5802 tuner chip
in the clip+ seems much more sensitive to interference than
the si470x chips.

Kind regards,
Bertrik