Subject: Sansa Clip Zip loose ends

Sansa Clip Zip loose ends

From: Bertrik Sikken <bertrik_at_sikken.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:13:51 +0200

Hi all,

Here's an update of stuff that's not completely finished yet for the
clip zip (that I know of). I think with a little push we should be
able to get the clip zip into the next release.

Stuff to be done:

* The screen layout of the sudoku plugin does not look nice
  (stuff falling off the screen by a few pixels).
  I think I can fix this by fiddling with the screen layout a bit,
  meaning that I'll make some empty spaces a bit smaller.
  I'd rather not lower the sudoku font bitmaps even more
  (it's already quite small).

* If there are any other plugins with problems, please speak up.

* There has been talk about using a bigger font. Using a bigger font
  will probably mean also an update of the current WPS is needed
  (unless people are fine with the current WPS font).
  So please speak up if you agree or disagree.

* The manual needs a good look:
  * In general we need to see if everything is consistent
    (so far it's mostly based on the clip+ manual with minor fixes)
  * We need screenshots, I guess we can't really do this before we
    decide on the default font size (see previous point)
  * The clip zip simulator currently uses a rather ugly background
    graphic. There's a start of a rather nice SVG graphic.
    Would be nice if someone can work on this.
  * We need some other graphics, which are not just screenshots,
    for example, a picture with the button layout etc.

Besides these points, I don't think there are any actual bugs left
(at least no extra bugs compared to the sansa clip+) that should
prevent us to release for the clip zip.

Please have a look to see if there's anything you're willing to
help with.

With kind regards,
Bertrik Sikken