Subject: Re: rockbox bootloader

Re: rockbox bootloader

From: Antony Stone <>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:32:10 +0200

On Monday 10 Sep 2012 at 22:20:11, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Monday 10 Sep 2012 at 21:57:15, albert brown wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I put this query out a few days ago.
> > I have the iriver 320 and I want to do a complete installation of rockbox
> > on my player but it is looking for firmware. I remember downloading and
> > patching the bootloader and fwpatcher.ese I am not able to do it now.
> The instructions you need are in section 2.2.1 of the Rockbox manual,
> downloadable from the Rocbox website.
> See the following URL (all on one line):
> buildch2.html
> If, after following those instructions, you still have problems, report
> back here exactly what you did and what error or other problem you
> encountered, and we'll see if someone can help.

PS: If your problem is that you can't find the original iRiver firmware on
iRiver's website (I agree it's not well indexed or easily searchable), try:

Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.
 - William Gibson, Neuromancer (1984)
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.