Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Bug/ Building other than English voice in Rockbox 3.11.2

Bug/ Building other than English voice in Rockbox 3.11.2

From: Julien Claassen <julien_at_mail.upb.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 23:10:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everyone!
   Has anyone else experienced this? When building Rockbox, I choose German as
a language and espeak as the TTS. I don't get asked for a voice. In the
Makefile I don't see any tts_engine_opts. If I manually enter "-v de", the
correct deutsch.voice file gets built. Otherwise the correct deutsch.lng file
is used, but espeak's default voice (en for standard English) is used.
   Proposition: Could you not ask for a voice to use? Suggest the two-character
language code as a standard. Sometimes there are alternatives for languages.
For example for English you can choose different dialects. In a standard Linux
installation see
/usr/share/espeak-data/voices
to get an idea of the structure. You will see, that some entries in this
directory are subdirectories. This is the case for English (en-n -
nothern/Yorkshire, en - standard, en-rp - British/Royal Pronounciation?).
   Use the value entered here for the tts_engine_opts like this in the
Makefile:
-v $VOICE_NAME
   Kind regards
           Julien