Subject: Re: Sandisk Clip Plus dropping off Windows

Re: Sandisk Clip Plus dropping off Windows

From: Calvin Walden <calvinrwalden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 15:19:08 -0500

Hm.. My first guess here is that there might be an issue with the USB
connection, either in the connectors on the Sansa or computer, or the cable
you're using. A bad connection could explain the missing/corrupted bookmark
files, say, if they were being accessed while it was disconnected. First,
try a different cable, different port, and maybe have a look at the
physical connectors on the devices. Try to figure out what exactly triggers
the disconnect.

Also, if you're thinking about defragging it - don't. You'll only wear out
the flash memory much faster. The fragmentation of a flash-based storage
device is irrelevant, and there is next to no chance it has anything to do
with the problems here. If anything, once you figure out the dropping-off
problem, run Check Disk to clean up any garbage in the file system.