Subject: Re: Greetings and unclear on bootloader

Re: Greetings and unclear on bootloader

From: William Porteous <>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 17:18:28 -0700

> HI listers: first of all greetings from Mexico! I'm looking forward to
>> soon doing my first Rockbox installation helping a friend with his Sansa
>> Zip. I'm able to understand OK the instructions but have the question of
>> what's the deal with the boot loader?
>> IN the manual it says Create a folder called “rbinstall” on your desktop,
>> and then extract the OF, the bootloader and mkamsboot into it. my question
>> where to find the files mentioned?
>> Thanks for the clarification; the rest I think I understand OK.
>> Gerardo
to install to the clip zip, make sure the zip is in MSC mode (use the
sandisk manual to do this if u dont know how), connect it to your computer,
then run Rockbox Utility and follow the onscreen dialogs.
you do not need mkamsboot and if this is your first install i would
reccomend avoiding mkamsboot.