Subject: Re: cansome one tell me how to voice my sd card so it will read folders and files

Re: cansome one tell me how to voice my sd card so it will read folders and files

From: Jason Taylor <jasontaylor_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 20:08:41 -0500 (EST)

---- Original message ----
>Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 17:34:27 -0700
>From: "rockbox" <rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se> (on behalf of William bilecBilec <willbilec_at_gmail.com>)
>Subject: Re: cansome one tell me how to voice my sd card so it will read folders and files
>To: mat_mirabella_at_yahoo.com,Rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
>
>it doesent work ither
>

>On 11/3/12, Mat Mirabella <mat_mirabella_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>> use voicebox

I'm sorry nothing worked. I know from experience this is in bad taste, but I wanted to point out the pink elephant in the room, since nobody else has. Namely, that, imo, this whole thread is a little weird, since tts is something rockbox should, arguably, be doing on the fly. 99% of the needed code is open source. and, i mean we are talking 1978 tech.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments_LPC_Speech_Chips

this chip, by comparison, is a monster, at over 200 mhz. patents have long since expired too. i know, again, it was in bad taste for posting this yet not doing it myself instead. sorry. i am just too busy. I guess we all are. never forget rockbox is beta/work in progress/under construction, etc.

Cheers
Jason
--
Jason Taylor