Subject: Re: cansome one tell me how to voice my sd card so it will read folders and files

Re: cansome one tell me how to voice my sd card so it will read folders and files

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 19:16:00 -0600

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Jason Taylor <jasontaylor_at_rcn.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry nothing worked. I know from experience this is in bad taste,
> but I wanted to point out the pink elephant in the room, since nobody else
> has. Namely, that, imo, this whole thread is a little weird, since tts is
> something rockbox should, arguably, be doing on the fly. 99% of the needed
> code is open source. and, i mean we are talking 1978 tech.

It's really, really not as simple as "the code is open source, so it should
be easy." There've been endless discussions on how this is a wanted
featured, but there are hurdles in the way (above and beyond simply people
having enough time to do it). Nobody else has pointed it out because it's
not an "elephant in the room" it's something that has been discussed before
and doesn't need to be brought up every time there's a thread asking for
help with the current voice functionality.