Subject: Re: cansome one tell me how to voice my sd card so it will read folders and files

Re: cansome one tell me how to voice my sd card so it will read folders and files

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 19:24:00 -0600

Look, the historical availability of TTS, either in software or hardware,
is 100% irrelevant.

The relevant matters are the current state of Rockbox's code, the limiting
features of each individual state of hardware, the current state of much
available open source TTS code (that being things like whether or not it
can compile to run fixed point, or is even in the right language), the
licensing state of various open source options, and of course whether
anyone who says "why don't you have it already?" is willing to do the work.

The obvious state of things currently is that various combinations of these
factors have always resulted in a case where there's no realtime TTS in
Rockbox. Unless you're actually looking to address one or more of these
issues (for more details, see the various searchable archives of discussion
on these issues) there's really nothing to be said here. Whether or not it
was or wasn't available in the past, there are real issues in the way, and
bickering over its past availability is not going to change them.