Subject: [SOLVED] Invisible SDXC SD card

[SOLVED] Invisible SDXC SD card

From: Bertrand Florat <bertrand_at_florat.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 20:20:46 +0100

Hi there and a great thanks for RockBox I use since immemorial days.

Just to report that I kind of lost 3 hours to make my SanDisk 64 GB
microSDXC visible from RockBox.

It is clear from FAQ and forums that we have to reformat the exFat to FAT32
(I used for that the mkfs.vfat utility under Linux :
sudo mkfs.vfat -F 32 -v -n Clip64g /dev/mmcblk0p1 )

It was visible from the debug screen but not from the Files menu. I finally
figured out that I forget to change the partition type (was still exFat), I
set a FAT32 "Windows95 LBA" ("c" value in Linux fdisk utility) and the
card magically appeared !

If it is not already in the FAQ, I think that it could be added.

my 2 (euros) cents...

KUTGW

--
Bertrand FLORAT