Subject: Re: "Rockbox has stopped responding" error when running latest install utilityWhat's the deal with Clip zip

Re: "Rockbox has stopped responding" error when running latest install utilityWhat's the deal with Clip zip

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:33:10 +0100

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi_at_windstream.net> wrote:
> Yes. I am copying the utility to and launching it from the Clipzip and

While you can do so you don't need to run Rockbox Utility off of the player.

> using Auto-dect to find the player. If this is incorrect, I need to know
> what I do need in order to get the Clipzip up and running.

Finally we're getting closer. So after starting the auto detection
Rockbox Utility crashes, unless I'm understanding you wrong. If that's
the case you seem to be hitting a bug in Rockbox Utility resulting in
a crash on detection. Just avoid detection and select your player
manually in the configuration dialog.

And please don't top post to this list as per list etiquette.

 - Dominik