Subject: Rockbox and the Cowon D20

Rockbox and the Cowon D20

From: Attila Kinali <>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 14:38:47 +0200

I bought a Cowon D20 a week ago and, well, the UI sucks.
So i'm willing to go trough the steps to get Rockbox working
on this thing (the hardware seems to be nice otherwise).

I know the types of all major chips on the board and have some datasheets.
But where do i start? Which is the most painless path to take?
And how do i recover from bricking the device?

I know a bit of how to develop on embedded systems and can solder
if there is a need to. I have a JTAG dongle (but i doubt that OpenOCD
supports the TCC7901) and the JTAG pins are nicely labled on the PCB

So, could someone provide me with some background information on
how to RE the cowon devices?

Thanks in advance

                        Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin