Subject: Re: iriver h10 install problem

Re: iriver h10 install problem

From: Shiner <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:32:07 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shiner" <>
To: "ROCKBOX" <>
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:00 PM
Subject: iriver h10 install problem

> Hello all...
> I have Rockbox working fine on our two primary iriver H10 players, (H10A
> and H10B for reference purposes), but I can't get RB working on my spare
> H10 (H10C).
> I am installing with the Rockbox Utility running on Windows XP Pro.
> All 3 H10's appear as drive G provided I only have one of then connected
> at a time.
> I get what RB says is a successful install, but after I eject the player
> it says *System File Missing* amid RB doesn't start.
> I used the iriver Recovery Tool to restore original firmware, and
> try installing RB again...and again ...and again!
> Same problem...
> Option 1)
> Is it OK to format the HDD (FAT32?) and then use the Recovery Tool and
> then install RB?
> Option 2)
> Alternatively, as I don't need or want the iriver firmware, can I just
> install RB on the newly formatted HDD?
> Option 3)
> Format the HDD and the copy all the contents of my No.1 H10 somehow.
> BTW, I am almost blind, so please excuse any typos!
> Any clue as to how to proceed would be appreciated!

To reply to myself...

OK, I just did the following:
(These are the notes I kept for future reference <!>

1. Full Format (FAT32)

2. Use iriver Recovery Tool (Europe)

3. Unmount. (Safely remove) and disconnect USB.

Note: This successfully restores the original itiver firmware. <phew>.

4. Unplug and replug the battery.

5. Connect USB.

6. Hold down the *Select button (Front right) and switch on. Wait for *USB
connected* blue arrow and release Select button.

7. Run the *Rockbox Utility*
with all 4 boxes checked.

8. On *Successfully installed, click OK and then *Eject*.

9. *Safely Remove* from PC.

i STILL get the system file missung message.

WHAT file????
Is it missimg from iriver or RB?

Note that I am restoring the iriver firmware to *European*
I do not know whether it is European or US.
Would this matter anyway?

As I asked earlier, do I need the iriver firmware or can I just format and
install Rockbox?