Subject: Re: iriver h10 install problem

Re: iriver h10 install problem

From: Shiner <dodgy-curry_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 13:04:24 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn" <glennervin_at_cableone.net>
To: "Shiner" <dodgy-curry_at_ntlworld.com>; "Rockbox" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 3:34 AM

> Glenn

Hi Glenn

You said:

> Hi,
> I haven't followed all the suggestions, but have you removed the
> partition,
> and repartitioned it?

Not knowingly.
I have formatted to FAT32 several times.

I have no idea how to check this.

> If there is a damaged MBR, it could be causing such problems.
Now I know what a MBR is:

 (Quote: A master boot record (MBR) is a special type of boot sector at the
very beginning of partitioned computer mass storage devices like fixed disks
or removable drives intended for use with IBM PC-compatible systems )

 Again, I have no idea how to check this.

If it helps, I now have _two_ 5GB H10's in exactly the same state!
I was given another one over the weekend by a friend who had also tried to
install Rockbox.

Is there a way to _completely_ clone one of my properly working H10's to the
two broken ones?

Rog