Subject: Re: iriver h10 install problem

Re: iriver h10 install problem

From: Glenn <>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 19:36:50 -0500

I have used Swiss Knife in Windows to remove and redo partitions on
removable drives.
I still think you need to consider a bad MBR, which easily fixed when you
repartition a drive.
When you remove a partition and make one again, the MBR is rewritten.
I find this easier to do in Linux, but if you have never used Linux, you may
want to get Swiss Knife or one of the others at the following link:

Hi Glenn

You said:

> Hi,
> I haven't followed all the suggestions, but have you removed the
> partition,
> and repartitioned it?

Not knowingly.
I have formatted to FAT32 several times.

I have no idea how to check this.

> If there is a damaged MBR, it could be causing such problems.
Now I know what a MBR is:

 (Quote: A master boot record (MBR) is a special type of boot sector at the
very beginning of partitioned computer mass storage devices like fixed disks
or removable drives intended for use with IBM PC-compatible systems )

 Again, I have no idea how to check this.

If it helps, I now have _two_ 5GB H10's in exactly the same state!
I was given another one over the weekend by a friend who had also tried to
install Rockbox.

Is there a way to _completely_ clone one of my properly working H10's to the
two broken ones?