Subject: having troubles getting the rb sansa clip zip files required to make my boot file with rockbox

having troubles getting the rb sansa clip zip files required to make my boot file with rockbox

From: <inthaneelf_at_roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:28:49 -0700

hello folks,

I'm a new list member with several problems...

I am attempting to install rock box on two Sansa clip zip players, the dot rockbox folder seems to have installed correctly, but I can't get the boot file to form anywhere, and there is no users manual in the dot rockbox folder!

I read a separate copy of the instructions for installing rockbox on the SCZ, obtained from the RB web site and I have combed the web site at and around near where the manual said the files I need to make the boot file are!

the second and third files are, well on the middle/second file, its not there (404 error) and on the third I get a page full of garble that could be the programming in a compiled file but right clicking the link and such does not get me the bin file I am told (again in the SCZ instructions) that it says I should be getting

I thought a fellow out here on the web was charging too much for his players with rockbox already installed, and am decent with computers so thought I could do it myself for cheaper!

now I see why he charges the prices he does, OMG!

I should have bought them from him, now I have a 4 Gb and an 8 Gb SCZ unit (one for me one for my wife) that I can't seem to get talking

also is there another copy of the users manual out there?

the one I have, I translated into text for easier reading (I thought) and it turned into a one word per line mess!

can someone please help me straighten this stuff out before I have no hair left!

inthaneelf...