Subject: Re: Implementing of Espeak to Rockbox

Re: Implementing of Espeak to Rockbox

From: mcc via rockbox <>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 06:56:27 +0200

Marco Oros via rockbox <> [15-05-29 05:20]:
> Hello everyone. My name is Marco and I am from Slovakia. We had a
> Slovak voices, but with a mistakes. Somethings are translated in a
> typical English form, which is incorrect in our language. For example,
> one hundred is translated as jeden sto, but we just say only sto
> (hundred). Also, there are maybe many languages, who hasn't any voice
> and I have an idea for this. Will It be problem to implemente an Espeak
> to Rockbox, or no? Maybe It'll be good idea, because some
> interpunctuations are not voiced in My, maybe in another languages too.
> What is Your view for this idea?
> Thank You!
> Marco
> FAQ:
> Etiquette:

Hi Marco,

what coincidence! :)
Here (in germany) we also say often "Hundert" (hundred) instead of
"Einhundert" (one hundred)! ;))) How identical different languages can

Espeak is BIG application with LOTS of data. I while ago I found
"svox" which is targeted to embedded devices, has a nice voice and
may be better fitting into an mp3-Player :)

Best regards,