Subject: Re: Sansa Clip Sport

Re: Sansa Clip Sport

From: Steph yahoo via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 19:23:32 +0200

After having bought a first refurbished Clip+ that looked brand new, I could not help thinking that it was new indeed. From then on, I always bought refurbs and they all looked as new. Actually the Clip zip looked newer since they came with the original protection sticker still on the screen. The only difference with a real new one were no box, no manual and more than half the price.
No problem ever with batteries (I bought about 10 units for myself or as gifts). Finally a fair price for a 4Gb Clip zip WAS about 20~30€ BUT...

... but alas since the Clip zip and + have been discontinued, new items were not available and refurbs have become much more expensive, usually more than new ones !!
I'm surprised you can get either new or refurbs but maybe it depends on the country where you're living. That would mean Sandisk is still producing these but does not sell them all around the globe.
If you find a refurbs dealer that has a wide range of units available, I would buy there, at least one to see what it looks like. If it looks like new & if you like it as much as I did, maybe get a spare or two, considering the market, there's hardly a chance to find a replacement product when they'll be unavailable for good.

Regards,

Steph
-----
Tshaw !!