Subject: Re: Sansa Clip+ and SD card format

Re: Sansa Clip+ and SD card format

From: Tom Cole via rockbox <>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 06:30:31 +0300

xFat is a completely different format from FAT32 and won't work in Rockbox.

As Windows won't format anything greater than 32gb as FAT32, you need to use a utility such as fat32format. Search for it using Google.

Sent from myMail for iOS

Sunday, 13 September 2015 2:26 pm +1200 from Glenn via rockbox <>:
>Well, I finally got to the end, and
got the message that 64GB is too large for FAT32.
>Since an XFAT did not work before, I
thought I'd try it again, only doing a quick format, and that
  card on my Windows 7 computer as xFat, and it kept failing.
>>I even tried it at the
>>So I'm in the process of formatting
  it FAT32 in the command line.
>>It is taking hours, and it is