Subject: Re: pitch changes on Sansa Clip Plus

Re: pitch changes on Sansa Clip Plus

From: R.L. Horn via rockbox <>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 16:03:15 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015, Glenn wrote:

> I have sometimes noticed that I can change the pitch with the up and
> down on the main 4-way button, but most of the time, this only does the
> pause with the up arrow button.

That doesn't sound good: it's the kind of behavior I expect from dying
Sansas. I guess they want to succumb to a kind of terminal button
failure. Whatever it is, it makes rockbox go berserk.

Nevertheless, if an older version was working, I'd try going back to it.

> Is there a way I can turn off the pitch settings so this does not happen?

I don't think so. Unlike timestretch, pitch can't be disabled AFAIK.

> I have looked through the sound settings and the playback settings and
> have found nothing for pitch.

Pitch is a playback context menu option. It's at the bottom of the list
unless it's been moved since I last installed a new version (it's been
quite a while).