Subject: Re: Rockbox and iTunes

Re: Rockbox and iTunes

From: Glenn via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 14:02:16 -0500

Hi,
Depending on the player you have, you should be able to boot without loading RockBox, but you cannot use anything having to do with iTunes with RockBox.
RockBox boots without loading the native Apple firmware.
So you will be using one or the other.
You could boot without RockBox, and run iTunes and copy in the files from your player if you wish, and I suppose you can make a playlist in iTunes, but the RockBox software does that anyway.
So short of all that, I may not be understanding your question.
I think the biggest drive for using RockBox is to avoid using iTunes.
HTH.
Glenn