Subject: RE: len0x: apps settings.c,1.310,1.311

RE: len0x: apps settings.c,1.310,1.311

From: Anton Oleynikov <len0x_at_mail.ru>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:57:44 -0000

> Usability if you use and like the feature yes, it certainly
> is NOT if you
> don't use it and aren't used to it. (Like for me.)

Lest try to imagine this is not about existing users of RB.
(because don't tell me you actually change all the options
manually every time you load new firmware. what are cfg files
for then?)

> Rockbox is made and designed by developers.

Yes, but for whom???
For ourselves? Why open source then? Just to be able to reuse code from
other OS projects?

> *We* should discuss and decide on what to do. And one of the main reasons
we started this *dev
> list is so that we can bring back the good old mailing list developer
discussions.

It looks different from where I stand (and I know I'm not alone on this): it
looks like
some of main leaders of the project are afraid to loose control and be "not
so important"
anymore as many bright developers are joining the project.

P.S. Project as whole is indeed defined by its leaders, so when one of them
makes
remark like this in the forum: "You'll have to drag me kicking and screaming
into that mess."
- credibility of the project is shaking :)

Best wishes,
Anton.