Subject: Re: Getting Sim to build on FC4

Re: Getting Sim to build on FC4

From: George Styles <>
Date: 2005-11-06

On 10/28/05, Linus Nielsen Feltzing <> wrote:
> George Styles wrote:
> > Changing the definition in errno.h to extern __thread int errno;
> > and commenting out the other 3 references seems to make it build OK :)
> And how does the target builds work if you do this?
> Linus

Sorry for the delay replying - been on holiday in rainy wales :)

Answer is im not sure - i reckon it would break the target big time,
because unless im mistaken, the target builds rely on NO external code
/ libs at all, and thus would need physical storage for the errno

Im guessing either a) i need to change distro or b) we need to use a
ifdef to leave out the defs in the sim in some (all?) circumstances

All of this is somewhat academic anyway, as the reason I wanted the
sim working was to try and progress multi display on the iRiver, and
Kevin seems to have practically completed it while I was soaking
myself in Wales :)