Subject: Re: folder navigation questions

Re: folder navigation questions

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2005-11-11

On 10.11.2005, Anton Oleynikov wrote:

>>> or short then long LEFT/RIGHT
>> A short LEFT/RIGHT used to skip backwards/forwards. How does
>> it behave now?

> The same - skip track first and then if user long presses it
> again (within HZ) skip dir,
> but only if its not first/last track (to avoid skipping two
> folders altogether).

That means you can't skip forward directly followed by
fast-forwarding within the next track anymore, because it would
trigger folder skip?

While I agree that folder skip might be useful for some people
(not for me), imho this short-long click combo is another
example for unintuitiveness: Here a combination of two standard
operations (short click == skip, hold button == seek) triggers
something completely different (folder skip). It's a good
example why we should *not* try to mimick any original firmware...

Just my $0.02,

Jens